Suzuki Cappuccino - Oil Change
- Oil Filter - I used a Fram FS4386. You can also use a Fram FG4967 or Baldwin B33, or others.
- Oil - about 3 quarts, I used Mobil 1 5W-30.
- 17mm wrench
- Oil filter removal tool
- Drain pan
- Gloves, you definitely want to wear these
- Paper towels or shop towels to clean up
- Drive car on ramps or lift the front end.
- Remove oil cap in the engine
- Remove oil filter, under the front of the car
- Remove drain plug, slightly further behind the oil filter, with a 17mm, rotating clockwise!
- Oh yeah, make sure you have a drain pan under the car. Let the oil drain for a while.
- Add in the drain plug with a little bit of old oil, twist (counter clockwise) until hand tight, then tighten just a bit with your 17mm.
- Lube the o-ring of the new oil filter with some of the old oil.
- Add in your oil filter, just hand tight is fine. The oil filter removal tool doesn’t work to tighten anyways.
- Add about 3 quarts of oil using your funnel
- Replace oil cap in the engine bay
- Drive car off ramps, let sit at idle for about 5 minutes and watch for any leaks
- If no leaks, check the oil level using the dipstick. If it is between full and low, you’re done. If low, add more oil. If too full, that stinks. Repeat steps 1-11.
Written on July 11, 2020